Monday, April 27, 2015

We Are Only Dust

This post will probably be a collection of random thoughts. I'm at the hospital this week so I'm using my son's laptop and I stink at typing on it so I will probably tire of it pretty quickly.

We had a good weekend.  Zach came down for the whole weekend and that made it so great for Adam who loves having his brothers here.  He loves having pretty much anyone here but he especially loves having his brothers here.

The other day I posted on social media that I was walking to the bathroom and encountered a woman walking toward me who was sobbing.  She had just walked away from a doctor and they were in the very same ICU waiting area that we were in 10 weeks ago.  My heart immediately went back to that moment in time.  I knew whatever she was crying about was breaking her to the core. I wanted to reach out to her and hug her but she seemed blinded by her grief.  If I had been in our hometown hospital it wouldn't have seemed so intrusive to reach out to her.  But people in the city seem more guarded and I didn't want to offend or frighten her. I let her pass by me.  I've regretted it ever since.

Last night I opened my Bible and I felt dry and burned out in my soul.  You would think that I would be driven to the Word for sustenance.  That has been true in the past when it was ME that was needing God's merciful miracles in my life.  But somehow this 10 and a half week odyssey has pulled the life out of me at times.  Go figure.  So I just opened my Bible and played the roulette of reading whatever page it opened to and I got this:

"The LORD is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him.  For 

he knows we are only dust"

Psalm 103:13,14


God is so good.  He knows that I am only dust.  He knows that sometimes I make mistakes and don't reach out when it seems later that I should have done.  He knows that as much as I NEED Him sometimes I don't have the strength to pick up my Bible and study it but just let the TV play some random show that I'm not even watching.  

He is tender and compassionate like my earthly daddy was and then some.  He knows that I fail and He knows that some days I am so spent emotionally that I just need Him to reach out to me from the page that I "happen" to open. 

I am so thankful for such a loving Savior, Father, Redeemer, God.


Adam is going back to IR today to have a drain repositioned yet again.  He worries about all the radiation he's gotten and is still getting.  I know he wonders when he will get out of here and what his life will be like until he has completely healed.  I don't even know how he has endured what he has over these many weeks except by the grace of a loving God.  Please continue to pray for his complete healing and for all of this to be a blip on the radar of his life one day.

Thank you, Warriors!


No comments:

Post a Comment