Wednesday, August 5, 2015

You Cannot Weary My Love

That was the title of today's reading in Come Away, My Beloved by Frances J. Roberts.  It speaks to me in my brokenness.  It reaches down to me in MY weariness.  

This morning I needed to go down to the basement to get a new gallon of milk from our fridge down there.  In order to get down there I had to go through this doorway which has had a zippered plastic "door" on it since they started to work on the mold issue down there. (Sorry the picture is sideways, I don't have time to figure out how to flip it right now.)  





On my way up the stairs the phone rang and I panicked because it is a delicate operation for me to get through that zippered door without something in my hands and the phone ringing.  I pictured myself falling backwards down the stairs and then the phone stopped ringing.  Phew!

Here are a few pictures of my once beautiful basement family room, our son's bedroom and our bathroom down there.
Lovely, yes?

Zach's closet

Zach's bedroom wall


The bedroom barely resembles a bedroom now. 




The bathroom is completely gutted.




And the wall with all of my family's pictures and the words Family, Friends, Dream, Bless, etc. looks like this now:







As I stated before, it makes ME feel like a mess.  

Things with Adam are going pretty well.  He's eating good food, sleeping well and tolerating being up much more than he did in the hospital.   For this we are very thankful. His care takes up a large part of the morning and late evening but it is manageable so far.

But it is easy for me to take all of this stress inside of me and it exhausts me.  Yesterday I had to drive back down to KC to take Anna to her annual hearing aid check up  which I had been putting off for months.  We had to get up VERY early and just driving that same roadway made me feel a little stressed.  

This morning both my devotionals were about resting in Jesus for my true peace.  

From Jesus Calling by Sarah Young:

Sit quietly in Gods' Presence while He blesses you.

Rest in God's sufficiency, as you consider the challenges this day presents.

 Do not wear yourself out by worrying about whether you can cope with the pressures.

Keep looking to Jesus and communicating with Him, as you walk through this day together.

(change of pronouns to names mine)


And then from Come Away, My Beloved by Frances J. Roberts:

My little children, you  cannot weary My love. You may grieve My heart, but My love is changeless, infinite.

While you have busied yourselves with your daily occupations, I have still been occupied with you.  

When your mind has been captured by the affairs of life, My thoughts have been of you.

(from page 63)


I cannot weary God's love for me!!!  I would say the same to my children.  During this hectic time in our lives as I'm pulled from one thing to the next, my love for them does not weary.  My body does, but my love does not.  So I can understand what God might be saying to me.

Here are the verses from God's actual Word about what He is speaking to me today:

Psalm 37:7A
Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act.

Romans 8:16, 17
For his Holy Spirit speaks to us deep in our hearts and tells us that we are God's children. And since we are his children, we will share his treasures--for everything God gives to his Son, Christ, is ours, too. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.

1 Peter 2:9
But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are a kingdom of priests, God's holy nation, his very own possession. This is so you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.


I've been struggling to serve my family with JOY and PATIENCE.  I'm tired.  Really, really tired.  But my heart wants to show my family and my friends God's goodness and His light.  God's Word is keeping me in check but I don't always act out the things He is teaching me.  

My dear family, you cannot weary my love for you.   I am so thankful for a God who says that to me.  He alone has perfect love.  

Thank you, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment